7.26.2010

Coming This Week: "I Promise Never To Make Art Again"

As far as books I’ll definitely be buying go this week, there’s a tight little trifecta starring Batman: The Return of Bruce Wayne #4 (DC) courtesy of Grant Morrison and Cameron Stewart, Northlanders #30 (DC/Vertigo) from Brian Wood and Riccardo Burchielli which kicks off a new arc, and Uncanny X-Men #526 (Marvel) for my monthly Mutant Matt Fraction fix.

There are also a few noteworthy things that I likely won’t be buying since I’m feeling a heavy dose of lingering con malaise, trying to really hone the purchasing practices to what I deeply like. Fear Agent #28 (Dark Horse) marks the beginning of the last story arc and is something I might check out, in trade, for a discount. Ahem. Secret Avengers #3 (Marvel) is also out this week, and I’m sorry, but I’m not going to make it through my three issue trial run. None of these books (Avengers, Secret Avengers, New Avengers) are really strong enough for me to continue to support. Hotwire: Deep Cut #1 (Radical) is an interesting follow-up series written and illustrated by Steve Pugh, from a Warren Ellis concept. This is something that isn’t crucial to buy, but will certainly go on the dollar bin list. Lastly, Supergod #1: Convention Edition (Avatar) is also out this week. Yeah, let’s definitely publish a reprint of #1 called “Convention Edition” a week AFTER the con, instead of finishing the damn mini-series, which is late.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home